There are two types of beliefs in theology of Shia Islam: primary and secondary principles. Primary principles like oneness of Allah and prophecy of Muhammd must be achieved with research while, in secondary principles like Salat and Fasting we must follow a religious expert (a Mujtahid) like Ayatollah Khamenei or Ayatollah Sistani or others.
- Tawhid (توحید): Allah is the only God in the world.
He is not born of anyone nor gave birth to any one, nor is any one like Him
- Prophethood (نبوت): Muhammad (PBUH) is the last prophet of Allah.
Shia Muslims believe in all the Prophets that God has appointed to guide mankind.
- Imamat (امامت): After the prophet, there are 12 Imams,
responsible for guidance and leadership of Muslims. They are appointed by Allah.
- Fairness: Allah is Fair, he doesn’t oppress anyone
God does not punish people who have obeyed and worshipped him, and does not reward people who have disobeyed Him
- Resurrection: All mankind will be resurrected on the Day of Judgment
To be judged for their actions and rewarded or punished, depending on each individual’s worldly conduct
The following picture shows primary (Osule Din) and secondary beliefs (Foru'e Din) of Shia Muslims.